FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who we are
INSUREWAY is your online insurance advisor.
2. Whose needs INSUREWAY meets
INSUREWAY is committed to customers who are looking for quality insurance, offered at a reasonable premium with an excellent level of service.
3. Why to purchase insurance from INSUREWAY
One of our main competitive advantages in INSUREWAY is the exceptional level of service we offer. Starting from the insurance cover application, the issuing of your insurance policy, to claims handling, we are here to assist our clients and respond to all the questions they might have.
4. Insurance solutions provided by INSUREWAY
- Online vehicles Insurance
- INSUREWAY offers a wide range of vehicle insurance plans that can meet even the most demanding consumer needs.
- Home Insurance
- Are you a homeowner, a tenant, or you have just taken out a mortgage? In INSUREWAY, we are always by your side to advise you how to choose the appropriate insurance plan for your house that meets your profile needs.
- Boat Insurance
- Are you a boat owner or you use your boat for business purposes? INSUREWAY can offer you a basic insurance cover that can also be enriched with optional cover that will meet your needs.
- Health Insurance
- Our health is the most precious asset and it is the outermost priority for us and for our family. This is the reason why INSUREWAY makes use of our long professional experience in health insurance industry, to stand by those interested in buying health insurance. INSUREWAY takes into consideration your own personal and your family needs and help you choose the health insurance cover that meets your profile.
- Travel Insurance
- Are you away on vacation, are you a student travelling, are you on a business trip? INSUREWAY gives you the opportunity to select the right program for you.
- Business Insurance
- INSUREWAY can provide businesses with insurance solutions for their facilities, for their professional risks and for their people. It does not matter if you are a big, medium or small business, in INSUREWAY we will help you to be effectively covered from risks and unexpected events. Apart from the usual risks, we can provide businesses with solutions for most of the modern threats, as internet perils, executive and personnel responsibility, environmental pollution, etc.
5. How can I buy insurance from INSUREWAY?
- Online – www.insureway.gr – online insurance is fast and easy. You just fill in the information needed. You compare the cover and the premium from different insurance companies, you choose the insurance cover that meets your needs, you pay the insurance and you receive your insurance policy directly to your email. So simple, so affordable, so reliable.
- By telephone - you call +30 2810301678. Even over phone, buying insurance is easy and fast.
6. How can I pay my insurance policy to INSUREWAY?
- Online – by charging your credit, debit or prepaid VISA and / or MASTERCARD, 24/7.
- At a bank (branch, e-banking, or phone banking) using a payment code that INSUREWAY will send you, you can make a deposit to any of the following bank accounts:
- ALPHA BANK GR3201406640664002330002010
- EUROBANK GR3802602760000240201399187
- ΕΘΝΙΚΗ GR6701107550000075500883154
- ΠΕΙΡΑΙΩΣ GR3201727710005771090697204
- Over the phone, by calling 2810301678 during business hours and charging your credit, debit or prepaid VISA and / or MASTERCARD.
7. How can I receive my insurance policy from INSUREWAY?
We send it to your email after the premium payment is settled. Alternatively, we post it to your mailing address or you can pick it up from our offices.
8. How can I contact INSUREWAY?
Online – You choose “SUPPORT” from the Footer Menu and you fill out the contact form (we get back to you on the phone or via email). Alternatively, you could call us at +003281030167 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. I have a complaint, who do I have to contact in INSUREWAY?
Online – You fill out the contact form in Footer Menu and in the “message box” you write “Complaint Submission” along with a short description of your request.
1. What will I need purchase an online insurance policy?
You will need your driver’s license and your car’s registration.
2. What kind of vehicles can be insured through INSUREWAY?
- All Private Cars, all Motorcycles from 50cc and all Private Trucks up to 3.5 tons.
- For Trucks that are not for private use, or they are over 3.5 tons, you will need to contact us by phone or via email and we will suggest you the cover that suits your needs.
3. What are the main cover categories of vehicle insurance?
- It is the basic cover that provides statutory Liability cover and usually includes property damage from an uninsured vehicle, accident care and towing from the accident scene, if the vehicle cannot be driven after the accident.
- The Fire-Theft – Weather Conditions cover, includes apart from the basic cover, the Total and/or Partial Theft of the vehicle and its damage due to Fire or due to extreme Weather Conditions.
- Fully Comprehensive cover usually includes all of the above cover and it also provides property damage to the vehicle due to collision, diversion, overturning or overthrow, even if you are responsible for the accident.
4. On which stage of the online insurance process I am insured?
You are insured only after you receive your insurance policy electronically in your email address.
5. What is offered in the additional cover and how can I include it in my insurance?
The additional cover provides greater protection for you and your vehicle. The most common additional cover is the:
- Fully Comprehensive insurance
- Fire insurance
- Total or Partial Theft insurance
- Glass cover Insurance
- Weather Conditions insurance
- Terrorist & Malicious Acts insurance
- Strikes, Riots and Political Riots Insurance
- Car rental costs cover
- Uninsured Vehicle Protection that covers property damage caused by an uninsured vehicle
- Roadside assistance cover
- Legal protection cover
- Driver's Personal Accident insurance.
6. Am I insured while travelling with my vehicle abroad?
- Your car insurance is valid while driving abroad, only if accompanied by the Green Card or the International Motor Insurance Certificate. The Green Card is issued under the authority of the Motor Insurance Bureau, further to Recommendation No 5 by the European Union and U.N. Road Transportation Commission. The Green Card is granted to the insurance companies. The insurance companies give it to their clients who want to drive their vehicles outside the vehicle’s registration country.
- The Green Card only provides the statutory Liability cover. If you wish your additional cover to apply while abroad, you should contact INSUREWAY. We will then contact your insurance company to ask whether this is feasible and if additional premium applies.
- If you are involved at an accident while abroad, you should contact the local Motor Insurers’ Bureau. The contact details of the Motor Insurers’ Bureau local offices appear on the back of the Green Card.
7. Factors that affect the premium (insurance cost) of the car insurance policy.
The key factors that affect the premium of your vehicle insurance policy are the following:
- The Prefecture / Regional Unit where the vehicle is registered
- The Manufacturer and the model of the vehicle
- The Age of the vehicle
- The current market value of the vehicle (only if your policy covers for Fire, Theft, Weather Conditions or Fully Comprehensive)
- The claims record of the vehicle
- The driver’s age
- The claims record of the driver
- The driver's license age
- The duration of the insurance policy
- The existence of other insurance policies, in the same insurance company (family discounts)
8. How can I reduce the cost of my insurance?
- Choose the cover you really need. At INSUREWAY we can help you understand what cover is important for you.
- Check whether you belong to a professional group entitled to discounts. Some insurance companies offer significant discounts, to certain professional groups (e.g. civil servants, army employees, unemployed).
- Choose to buy annual duration insurance policies. Often, annual insurance policies have premiums that are lower than semi-annual polices, by up to 15%.
- Adjust the current market value of the vehicle. If your insurance covers for Fire, Theft, Weather Conditions or Fully Comprehensive, etc. then, in the event of a compensation, the amount you will receive by the insurer will be the current market value of the vehicle. Therefore, the vehicle’s insured value should be as close as possible to its actual current market value. Using the current market value of the vehicle, as the sum assured in your insurance policy, also results in paying the actual and fair premium to the insurer.
- Adjust the excess (the deductible) of your insurance policy where it applies. The Fire, Theft, Weather Conditions or Fully Comprehensive, etc. cover, are usually offered with an excess amount. The larger the excess the lower premium.
- Drive carefully. Insurance companies offer discounts to careful drivers and apply extra premium to drivers with poor driving records. Discounts are usually applied to drivers who have not caused an accident in the past five years of continuous insurance.
9. Am I entitled to a discount on my insurance policy?
Quite a few insurance companies provide a set of discounts that reduce your insurance premiums.
- Up to 20% discount for careful drivers
- Up to 15% discount due on annual insurance policies
- Up to 10% family discount, if three (3) or more family vehicles are insured in the same insurance company.
- Up to 10% discount on your vehicle's insurance premium, if the family house is insured in the same insurance company
- Discount for hybrid vehicles
- Discount for brand new vehicles
- Discount on vehicles with low carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions
- Discount for vehicles that remain insured in the same insurance companies for a long time - Loyalty discount
- Discount on vehicles, whose owners belong to specific professional groups (e.g. civil servants, army employees, unemployed).
10. What should I do in the event of an accident?
- Make sure that your vehicle does not impose a risk for the traffic and / or the pedestrians.
- Call directly to the designated accident service phone number, provided by the insurance company and helps the drivers who are involved at an accident to do all the paper work necessary and also tow the vehicle if necessary (the service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- The operator from the call center will guide you through the process.
- A qualified accident-handling partner will turn up at the accident site as soon as possible, will photograph the vehicles involved and will do all the initial claims paperwork on spot.
- If your vehicle is stationary and you have purchased the accident breakdown service in your insurance policy, then your vehicle will be towed to the repair shop.
- If there are individuals involved at the accident that are injured, then please
- Call 166 (ΕΚΑΒ - ambulance) and follow the instructions
- Call 100 (Police) and inform them about the accident
11. What is the Automated Reimbursement Network (ARN)?
- The ARN is a procedure that allows the unaccountable driver of a vehicle involved at an accident, to request a reimbursement through their own insurance company, without filing a claim with the liable car’s insurance company.
- The conditions for the ARN procedure to apply are:
- Both vehicles involved at the accident are insured with insurers participating in the ARN.
- The personal injuries reimbursement must not exceed € 5,000 per person and € 15,000 in total for all persons with body injuries per accident.
- The property damage reimbursement must not exceed € 6,500 per accident.
12. What is the insurance company claims and reimbursement procedure?
- After the insurers are notified for the accident, it takes about seven (7) to ten (10) days, for the liable insurer to accept the responsibility and notify the unaccountable insurance company to proceed with the reimbursement.
- After the liable insurer accepts the responsibility, you can inform your insurance company of the repair shop you wish to take your vehicle.
- The above notification should take place at least one (1) day prior to your appointment with the repair shop. This will give the time to your insurance company to assign your vehicles inspection to a claims expert, who will determine the repair cost of your vehicle.
- The claims expert submits to your insurance company claims adjuster, a cost estimate of the property damage caused to your vehicle by the accident.
- The necessary documents for your claim’s pay off are:
- The driver's license
- The vehicle registration certificate
- The beneficiary’s proof of ID
- The original reimbursement receipt, signed
- The original spare parts and labor invoices
- A copy of a the beneficiary’s bank account
- Depending on the type of claim, the following documents may also be requested:
- Α Police certificate in case of partial or total theft claim
- A Fire Department certificate in case of fire claim
- A weather certificate from the Hellenic National Meteorological Service (EMY) in the event of a weather related claim
13. How long does it take to receive the compensation from the insurer?
Upon submission of all the necessary documents, provided there is no other issue outstanding, the insurance company will deposit the compensation to your bank account in approximately six (6) to ten (10) working days, depending on the insurance company.
14. I am involved at an accident with an uninsured vehicle, what do I need to do?
- Compensation for damages caused by an uninsured vehicle is settled by the Subsidiary Fund, financed by the insurance companies:
- The Subsidiary Fund compensation process is particularly time consuming and it could take up to two (2) years to settle.
- Therefore, you should include the additional cover of the Uninsured Vehicle in your insurance policy, provided by most of the insurance companies in Greece and receive the relevant compensation promptly, through your insurer.
- To activate the uninsured vehicle cover for a claim, provided that it is included in you insurance policy, you will need to:
- Call the Accident Service of your insurer, to record the event and if necessary to tow your vehicle
- Call the Traffic Police at the scene of the accident to record that the liable vehicle is uninsured and request from the liable driver to sign the necessary acceptance form that he is solely responsible for the damage caused to the unaccountable vehicle.
- Important Reminder - You must always call the Traffic Police to record the incident.
- The Traffic Police accident report is the only document which can certify that the liable for the accident vehicle is uninsured; it also activates the uninsured vehicle cover and safeguards your legitimate interests in case the legal dispute ends up in court.
1. What will I need to insure my house?
The detailed description of your property which you can find on the property’s contract.
2. Why do I need to have my house insured?
- Because it is an expensive asset that is worth to be protected
- Because it is your private space, where you enjoy your personal moments with your family and you need to feel tranquil and secure.
- Because climate change has intensified fire incidents during summertime and the floods during the winter.
- Because Greece is a country with a high frequency of earthquakes.
- Because the economic crisis has dramatically reduced available funds in families and in the markets. Therefore, in case of property damages, it will not be easy to find own funds or even borrow from the bank in order to restore the property damages.
- Because the economic crisis has considerably increased criminality.
- Because the cost to insure your house can be lower than your car insurance premium.
3. How much should I insure my house for?
- The value that you must have your house insured, is the amount needed to rebuild your house in case of a total destruction, in the condition prior to its destruction.
- The value to rebuild the house is very important to be as accurate as possible, because in case of a claim, you will need to be reimbursed the correct amount.
- If the value to rebuild the house is accurate, then a damage of € 40.000, in a house worth € 200.000 and an insured value of € 200.000, will result in a reimbursement of € 40.000.
- If the value to rebuild the house is incorrect, then a damage of € 40.000, in a house of worth € 200.000 and an insured value of € 100.000, will result in a reimbursement of € 20.000.
4. How is my house sum assured determined?
- The value your house should be insured for depends on the quality of its structure.
- For a typical house structure the value ranges from € 900-€ 1000/m2
- For a very good house structure the value ranges from € 1100-€ 1600/m2
- For an exceptional house structure the value ranges from € 1600/m2
- The value the house’s content should be insured for depends on its quality and the quantity of the items included. Indicatively, it can range from € 250-€ 900/m2.
5. What is meant with the terms “excess” and “exception” in my house insurance policy?
- Excess is the amount the owner of the house contributes in a claim. e. In a damage due to weather conditions, with a repair cost of € 10.000 and an excess of 5% of the claim, the compensation will be € 9.500.
- The higher the excess amount results in a higher owner’s contribution in a claim, and a lower insurance premium.
- The exception in a house insurance policy may be of a general nature or a very specific one and it excludes a cover if a policy term is not satisfied. An example of a general exception can be the damages to a house without a legitimate building permit certificate. An example of a specific exception can be damages to water pipes that have been installed more than twenty years ago.
- It is important to know the excess amounts and the exceptions before buying a house insurance policy, so that you do not find yourself in the unpleasant position of not knowing the exact amount of the compensation you are entitled to, when a damage occurs.
6. I have bought a mortgage. Should I have to buy house insurance via the mortgage bank?
- The borrower has the right to freely choose the insurance company they will insure their house with, but the insurance policy they purchase must satisfy the terms and conditions of the loan agreement they have signed with the bank.
- Attention – According to the Bank of Greece circular # 462 of 14/05/2013, there is no obligation to buy house insurance through the bank that sells you the mortgage and that “when a borrower submits an insurance policy that meets the requirements of the loan agreement, this must be accepted without any delay”.
7. I have bought a mortgage. What cover should I include in my house insurance policy?
Most mortgage agreements require borrowers to insure their properties against Fire and Earthquake. However, different mortgage terms might require additional cover. In any case, we in INSUREWAY can help you choose the insurance cover that will meet your mortgage requirements.
8. I am a homeowner. What cover should I include in house insurance?
- As a homeowner you have the flexibility to insure just the building or just the content or both the building and the content.
- From the cover available, you can choose to buy Fire, Explosion, Smoke but you can also choose to buy cover such as Weather Conditions, Terrorist and Malicious Acts, Earthquake, Water Pipeline damages, etc. We in INSUREWAY can advise you on insurance that meets the requirement of special house structures and provides a fully comprehensive (All Risk) cover.
9. I am a home tenant. What cover should I include in house insurance?
As a tenant you can insure your content from Fire, Explosion, Smoke but you can also choose to buy cover such as Weather Conditions, Terrorist and Malicious Acts, Earthquake, and Third-Party Liability.
1. Do Ι need Private Health Insurance?
The answer is YES, because:
- Good Health is a non-negotiable asset.
- Safeguarding your health, which is a priority for all of us, is also essential for your own protection and the protection of your family.
- The poor financial conditions of recent years have resulted in shrinking health insurance cover and poor medical services from the State Insurance Network, to an extend where it does not meet you personal needs any more.
2. What are the types of Private Health Insurance programs?
- There are two main types of Health Insurance programs, the in-patient and out-patient programs. The in-patient programs concern services related to hospitalization. The out-patient programs concern services related to medical prevention, medical examinations and visits as well as medical practices.
- In addition to the above, insurers offer separate Dental Care
- A number of insurance companies offer special family medical programs that provide in-patient, out-patient and Dental Care all family members.
3. Which factors should I consider when selecting a Private Health Insurance program?
- The Insurance Company: The Insurer selection is one of the most important factors that you should take into consideration. Usually Insurance companies with many years of expertise in the health programs are big corporations, whose knowledge and experience in these programs makes them more reliable, with insurance policies that are easy to understand`.
- The Insurance Consultant: Due to the nature of Private Health Insurance programs, that requires you to give sensitive personal information, your insurance consultant must be a serious and trustworthy professional. Also, due to the complexity of Private Health Insurance programs, the insurance consultant should have a thorough knowledge of these programs and many years of professional experience in the field of Private Health Insurance.
- Your needs: You have to choose the programs / policy, that suits you the most. You need to know if you need more hospital coverage or non-hospital coverage like medical tests /check ups and medical visits. You need to consider if you require individual or family health programs
- The terms in your insurance policy: You should know very well the insurance policy you are buying due to the complexity and the nature of your health programs. Indicative, the following:
- The insured capital cover per medical event, per year
- The deductible amount during hospitalization. The higher the deductible amount, the lower the insurance cost. Nevertheless, it should be at right amount that suits your own financial profile.
- The deductions and the deferral periods of the insurance policy. Both depend on the insurance company. So, special attention should paid to select the lowest deduction amounts and the lower deferral period.
- Your participation in at hospital costs. In case of hospitalization abroad or in a non-authorized hospital the insured usually participates in the hospital costs.
- Doctors’ fees. Health insurance policies have the insured capital of coverage, per event and per year, which is also the overall responsibility of the insurance company. Usually there is a ceiling on the fees of surgeons and anesthesiologists. Particular attention should be paid to these sub-fees in cases where hospital cost applies.
- If you use a public health authority or make use of your state insurance fund. If you use your state insurance fund or you are hospitalized in a public hospital, you will be entitled by most insurance policies to benefits, such as the reduction of the deductible amount.
- The annual insurance adjustment. Almost all insurance companies apply annual increases in health insurance programs, usually following the annual medical inflation. Before signing the insurance contract, you need to know how this adjustment will be made, because accumulatively/ cumulatively it can significantly increase your annual insurance fees.
4. How much will a health insurance program cost?
- The premium on health plans depends on the age of the insured person, the insurance company, the health condition of the insured person and his/her occupation.
- A pre-existing illness or a generally severe health history of an insured person may significantly increase the premium or even cause the claim / request to be rejected.
5. I have a private health insurance, in which hospital can I be hospitalized?
The choice of the nursing institution, for most private health programs, by most insurers is made by the insured. If the insured is hospitalized in a public hospital, or in a contracted hospital, then most insurance policies provide benefits to policyholders, such as the reduction of the deductible amount.
1. What is travel insurance?
Travel insurance is for people like you, who want to enjoy certainty and privileges during their holidays. Travel insurance provides a range of covers that suit your family and your financial priorities.
2. Why do I have to insure my holidays with travel insurance?
- Travel insurance allows you to travel calm, with the certainty that nothing will distract you from the purpose of your trip and offers you comprehensive cover for any damage, loss or delay that may occur during your trip. It covers you with high capital limit, but also with unexpected health costs wherever you are in the world.
- Travel insurance provides you cover from a range of essential and practical risks, immediately (instantly) and reliably, 24/7 wherever you are.
3. What does travel insurance covers?
Depending on your requirements and needs, we can provide you with the appropriate travel insurance package for you and your family. Some of the most common covers our customers to opt for are:
- Baggage insurance (arrival delay, total loss)
- Expenses due to departure delays
- Expenses for travel cancellation (illness, accident)
- Medical expenses due to accident or illness
- Expenses due to emergency transfer from anywhere in the world
- Cash burglary
- Theft or loss of travel documents (id cards, passports)
- Liability insurance
- 24-hour help for general, technical or medical information
- Payment on your behalf for various expenses, such as medical expenses, hospital expenses, etc., directly and 24/7.
4. Can I insure my business trips?
Travel insurance can cover your business trips, with all the aforementioned insurance coverage. You can also get annual travel coverage, regardless of destination or frequency (e.g. if you are business executives travelling frequently), for greater ease, convenience and money saving.
5. From when does the insurance cover apply after the premium has been paid?
Travel insurance coverage begins immediately, upon the premium payment, for as long as your trip lasts. The validity of the policy, as well as its duration, is clearly displayed on your insurance policy, with the date and time of the start and end date.
1. What I need in order to get a boat insurance?
Boat’s license and navigation license.
2. Why I have to insure my boat?
The insurance of your boat, in accordance with Law No.4256 / 14, covers the Civil Liability for Physical Damage, Material Damage, and Marine Pollution and is mandatory.
3. What does boat’s insurance covers?
Depending on the requirements and needs of the boat owner, he may choose from a variety of additional covers in addition to the bases set in Law No. 4256/14 on Civil Liability, Material Damage and Marine Pollution. The most important are:
- Full or partial theft (equipment)
- Malicious actions
- Inland transport of the boat
- Mechanical damages(on board or inside/outside the engines)
- Liability insurance to and from sliding sea skiers
- Personal accident
- At all risk
4. Does the boat insurance covers additional operators for the same boat?
It also covers more than one operator, but must be registered with the insurance company so that it is aware and fully covered in the event of an accident or damage.
5. From when does the insurance cover apply after the payment of the premium?
The insurance coverage starts after the necessary documents have been sent and the premiums have been paid off. The insurance company sends an insurance certificate, indicating the date and time of the insurance start of the boat.
6. I use my boat for water sports, my insurance will be cover me?
Insurance companies also offer you this opportunity! However, the insurance company must be appropriately informed of the type of sport and the use of the boat in order to assess the risk and determine the amount of any insurance premium that may arise.
1. What is Professional Insurance?
At present, constant changes in technology along with the changing market demands and the ever-growing competitive environment, businesses need to take even more risks. This entails more and greater risks that are sometimes difficult to predict.
Professional Insurance is here to help. Through Professional Insurance your business can be protected by a multitude of risks, thereby safeguarding your tangible and intangible assets, your property, as well as your human resources.
2. Can all business, despite their size and expertise, buy Professional Insurance?
Professional Insurance is found in all kinds of corporations regardless of their line of production, turn over and can be adjusted according to their business specifics and their management business plan.
In Insureway, our skilled personnel can provide detailed and thorough guidance on the different kinds of insurance cover your corporation can choose from, in order to prevent exposure to traditional as well as modern risks which you have never considered that can be covered through an insurance policy.
3. Which are the professional insurance categories?
- Liability Insurance
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
- Environmental Pollution Liability
- Human Resources Insurance
- Pension Plans
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Asset Insurance
- Business tangible & Intangible Asset Insurance
- Business Vehicles Insurance
- Business Solar Systems Insurance
- Technical insurances
- Electronic Equipment insurance
- Project Construction insurance
- Mechanical Equipment Failure insurance
- Mechanical Equipment & Machinery Insurance
- Cargo Insurance
- Financial Loss Insurance
- Product Recall Insurance